Mooloo Begins

Mooloo Begins
My first craft stall

About Me

My photo
Brackley, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Granny to seven darling children. Mother to four not so darling young adults!mmm. I love to sew, and enjoy creating magazines. I have a stash of fabric so high that my friends think it will take me all my life to use it up! So here I am, showcasing My Making journey. Welcome, and come on into my world.

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Sewing Lessons

Yesterday evening I held another private sewing lesson. Client was using a New Look Pattern. Dispite being a very experienced dressmaker, even I found the order of instructions out of sinc! If I had to read it several times to make sense of it, how is a novice supposed too?? 
On the plus side I was able to work it out and give advice and demonstrations as needed. 
I would suggest always reading a pattern through before commencing work, always transfer all pattern markings, and if necessary, make notes as to the order of work if you think it would be easier to shuffle some stages about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment